After quite the adventure and 3 TVs later I finally got a chance to finish watching the Caps defeat the Ducks in overtime 5-4. The Caps continue to score goals, as well as continue to give up goals. (LOL that was a John Madden comment). I mean they score a lot of goals, and give up a lot of goals.
The Ducks gave the Caps everything they had. The Ducks secret weapon, NHL '94 all-star Teemu Selanne, would be the fire the Ducks needed for the early advantage. Teemu must have drank some secret potion that made him younger, or must have been secretly controlled by a Super Nintendo controller held by a player my skill level. He had 4 points (and a +3 if you are one of those sick people who are into that stuff)
Luckily for the Caps the +3 did not give the Ducks 3 extra points and the Caps came back for the win. They scored 5 goals on what appeared to be a goalie that was cheating by having like 20 mini mustachioed guys on his helmet helping him make saves.
Sadly I wasn't on Twitter when the Ducks were 3-0 and you all were panicking...am I right?
Game Notes & Questions:
- I don't want to get in trouble, but I think that President Obama is comparable to Hiller. There I said it. That one was for old Hank.
- It appeared that Vokoun, like he did in his first 2 games, was way out of position after making saves.
- Did Art Monk look like he was enjoying the game?
- I love the bit where they interview the assistant coach on the bench during the game. Sometimes he is smiling and sometimes he looks super pissed.
- The Trapezoid Strikes again! On one of the Caps goals...
- Why doesn't the defense want icing? 2 Caps were coming to the puck and 1 Duck was too. instead of letting it hit the board for the icing he reached out to stop it from hitting and then the 2 Caps stole the puck.
- 8-19-20, 50-90-28, 25-21-42, 26-85-22: Line shifts or Lucky numbers in a fortune cookie?