Lots of fans were calling for some guy named Gredenko, but he tried to kill Jack Baur, so there was no way the Caps were drafting him. And with KKoKKoookyKK already drafted by the Lightning, there was only one choice for the Capitals,
The best part about this pick is obviously that this guy is going to have a simple nickname, Flip.
According to the people covering the draft (who I hate but probably know more than me), Forsberg was the #3 ranked player in the draft pool. However, he fell all the way to the 11th pick. NFL players have fallen in drafts due to character issues, injuries, combine results...so no explanation for Filip's fall was interesting to me.
Pierre bald annoying guy says "The Capitals have had success drafting swedish players" in a tone that suggested that Forsberg was being passed on by teams because of his nationality. Is there a certain style associated with Swedes? Do they "flop" more? Are they too blonde? Is this racist/nationalist?
- Why is the draft in Pittsburgh?
- Why is the draft on a Friday night?
- What the hell was Pierre talking about with the Swede comments?
- When will Forsberg make an impact with the Caps (estimated time-frame)
- Why did Filip fall down to #11 if he was the 3rd best player?
- Why did the draft go off air at 9pm?
- Where does Filip play next year? Hershey?
- The #1 pick in the draft's name is Nail!?