The Caps pre-mustache were 7-2 and after have been 5-7. Is Movember over yet? It is time to shave...
The Caps are failing on multiple levels and there isn't much that can be done that hasn't been tried already by Bruce Boudreau. His future isn't looking very good. In 4 of the past 7 games the Caps have only scored 1 goal, and in those 7 games the goaltenders have given up over 4 goals per game (31 goals). That is poor offense as well as poor defense which translates in the eyes of the owner to poor coaching.
As the Sabres put in their 5th goal of the night, another shorthander against the Caps, the announcers even began to sound down in the dumps. (there was another SH Break for the Sabres later in the game) The Caps only goal on the night was a penalty shot by Caps Leading goal scorer (ARE U SERIOUS) Jason Chimera which was followed 27 seconds later by a Sabres goal to kill any Caps momentum.
I got on Neuvy last night for not catching the puck in his glove, but Four Voko did the same thing tonight, 1 leading to a goal off the rebound. Can we get Ivan Rodriguez in here to teach these guys some glove moves?
And again, Semin spent 2 in the box...(see bottom)
Notes & Questions:
- What is the "top of the forecheck"?
- I've been dividing the rink into 3 sections, the O-Zone, the D-Zone, and Middle Earth, is that proper?
- I'm now calling penalties more accurately than Locker...
- Is a timing play like when a QB throws the ball before the receiver breaks in football?
- Boudreau is seriously running out of time, a coaching change is the only thing left if they don't start steppin it up...
Note to Refs:
(Semin called for a dive on a tripping play)...If you kick someone in the leg and they don't fall down, then you didn't trip them, you kicked them in the leg. If you tap them in the leg softly, and the person falls when they shouldn't have, then they fell on purpose. It is one or the other, not both. You can't dive on a trip, it's not possible. If you dove, you weren't tripped!