When the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning dropped the puck on Saturday night, it was a few hours over 252 days since the Caps faced off against the New York Rangers in their final period of action back in May of 2012. Since that time the Caps were eliminated from the playoffs, an 8th seed won the Cup, a season was almost cancelled, and earlier in the day, the NHL made its "triumphant" return.
Well Caps fans...on Saturday night the Caps lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-3. IM NOT HEARING THE CHEERS, THE CAPS LOST!!!!! What? I'm not crazy. The fact that the Caps lost means that the Caps actually played! Welcome back hockey!
In fact, I'm not even going to write much about the game. I don't care. My mind is clouded by too much delight. Here are some brief
- This Alex Ovechkin Hit Happened (Cool Gif, Actual Clip Above)
- Joe B Totally Dissed Alex Semin
- The Caps were rusty especially on the defensive end.
- 6 Goals is not good, but not all on Holtby
- Alex Ovechkin was constantly on the ice, leading forwards with 23 1/2 minutes
- The Caps had 8 penalties and the Lightning scored on 3 of those
- Tampa had 5 penalties and the Caps scored on 1 of those
- Hockey was played