7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office. Why? Cuz you're f'in FIRED! - There's Something About Mary
The Capitals just defeated the previously undefeated Red Wings to go to 7-0. I've watched 7 games...not sayin/just sayin...The game was a statement game for the Caps. The statement being, "It's the beginning of the regular season, not the playoffs."
After a fun day at an all you can eat crab festival featuring all you can drink Starr Hill beers (Amber, Jomo, Love) I decided to take a nap to rest up for the Caps game. The combo of food/drink hangover messed up my mind.
First I woke up at 7pm to my alarm clock and thought it was 7am and I missed the game. Then when I figured it out, instead of waking up I hit the snooze alarm every 10 minutes for an hour. At 8:15 I finally jumped out of bed thinking "Thank God, I only missed like 6 minutes" WRONG. I missed the entire first period and 3 goals!
So...I ONLY missed 3 goals, and there were 4 goals left for my viewing pleasure. The Caps just don't stop scoring. They are like Hugh Hefner. They are like James Bond. They are like Paris Hilton. The Caps are the Peter Norths of the NHL.
Marjo hit up the scorecard, a few by Green. Perreault got a couple. Can I finish, Can I finish, Can I finish? After going up 3-0 the Caps even decided to play 3 on 5 for a bit, to give the RWs a chance.
It is obvious that the Caps need a new nickname for the 2011-12 season. Something like the Big Red Machine but less Pete Rosey. I'm going to work on it/take your suggestions on Twitter and in the comments. (No, not the Red Rocket ... You can Google that South Park)
Observations & Questions:
- Forecheck & Cross Check. What are they and am I missing some kinds of checks?
- Joe B keeps talking about "shots from the Ladies Tee" about long range shots. Aren't the Ladies tee's closer shots!
- Joe B "thinks" Vokoun outplayed Conklin. I think Neuvy outplayed Conklin and I outplayed him too.
- I forgot about west coast games starting at 10pm. I hate when the Wizards are on the WC.
- There appears to be a North Coast road trip in the NHL. Edmonton. Thats more north than the north pole!
- Why did the announcer keep saying "George, leave me alone!"
- These "log jams" are boring, how does the goalie stay awake when the puck doesn't move for 60 seconds.
- When did girls start wearing these UGLY cowboy boots over their jeans. Ladies you look terrible. Am I right Tyra Skanks?